Outside Courses Summer 2019
Pre-approved courses are listed below. Other courses may be considered for Women’s Studies credit via petition. For more information on the petition process, contact the CWSGR office, 201 Ustler Hall at: (352) 392-3365 or email
Majors may count any one 2000-level class towards the WMS major. Only WST2322, 2611, or 2612 count towards the WMS minor; only WST 2611 or 2612 count towards the TPS minor.
NOTE that the Letters in parenthesis indicate whether the class fills the Humanities (HUM) or Social Science (SS) distribution requirement in the WST General Concentration. They do NOT indicate whether or how a course counts for Gen Ed requirements. Additional letters in parenthesis reflect Gender and Science (G& S), Theories and Politics of Sexuality (TPS), and International Perspectives on Gender (IPG).
Please note that course offerings are subject to change
- ANT 2301 Human Sexuality and Culture (Summer B) (SS, TPS, IPG) (this class counts toward the WMS major, and not toward a minor)
- ARH 4930 20th Century Feminism (Summer B) (HUM)
Health Education and Behavior
Note: Students outside of the College of Health and Human Performance cannot register directly for Health Education and Behavior classes. Instead, you must email HHP Academic Advisor Ms. Brittany Schambow and ask to be enrolled. State that you are enrolled in the WMS major or minor and tell her your UF ID number and the course number for which you wish to be enrolled.
- HSC 4133 Human Sexuality Education (Summer A) (SS/G&S, TPS)
- HSC 4579 Women’s Health Issues (Summer A and B) (SS/G&S)
- AMH 3931 Sex/Violence in American History (Summer A) (HUM)
- CLP 4110 Eating Disorders (Summer A) (SS/G&S)
Sociology, Criminology, and Law
- SYG 2430 Marriage and Family (Summer B) (SS) (this class counts toward the WMS major, and not toward a minor)