Health Disparities in Society Courses, Summer 2019
Want to enroll in WST 4941C, Practicum in Health Disparities, for Summer 2019?
If so, you MUST attend the orientation meeting on Friday, March 29th, 7:30-8:15 a.m. in Pugh 170.
NOTE: Please consult with the Women’s Studies undergraduate coordinator if there is a question about a particular course or your track in this minor. Click on this link to view the requirements of this minor. Please note that course offerings are subject to change. Some courses for the minor may be limited to students within the department or major that offers them or may have mandatory prerequisites. If these constraints prevent you from enrolling in a course, please contact the instructor of that course to discuss options for your enrollment.
Please remember that you may only have 2 courses in the minor at the 2000-level, and one of those must be WST 2322, Introduction to Health Disparities.
Other courses may be considered for Health Disparities in Society credit via petition.
Tier I: Health or Social Science of Minority/Cultural Groups in the U.S.
- ANT 4462 Culture and Medicine (Summer A) This course can count for Tier 1 or Tier 3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like it in a different spot in your audit.
- HSC 4579 Women’s Health Issues (Summer A and B)
- HSC 4930 Fundamentals of Health Literacy (Summer B)
- SYA 4940 Mental Health and Illness (Summer A)
- SYD 3700 Minorities in American Society (Summer B)
Tier II: Social Inequality and Related Theory
- ANT 3451 Race and Racism (Summer A, Summer B)
- ENG 4130 Race and Ethnicity in Film (Summer B)
- WST 3015 Interdisciplinary Perspectives in Women’s Studies (Summer B)
Tier III: International or Global Studies
- AFA 3110 African American & Black Atlantic Thought (Summer C)
- AFS 2002 The African Experience: an Introduction to African Studies (Summer B)
- ANT 3467 Food and Culture (Summer A)
- GEO 2410 Social Geography (summer A and B)
- GEO 2500 Global and Regional Economies (Ssummer A and B)
- GEO 3427 Plants, Health, and Spirituality (Summer A)
- HSC 4930 Global Health Disparities (Summer A)
- ASH 3931 Global Asia (Summer B)
- ABT 3500 Arabic CultureSummer B
- JPT 3500 Japanese culture (Summer B)
- REL 3098 Religion, Medicine, and Healing (Summer B)
- WST 3371 Women, Leadership, and Diversity in a Global Environment (Summer B)