Health Disparities in Society Courses, Summer 2018
Want to enroll in WST 4941C, Practicum in Health Disparities, for Summer A 2018?
If so, you MUST attend the orientation meeting on Friday, March 23rd, 7:30-8:15 a.m. in Turlington L005.
NOTE: Please consult with the Women’s Studies undergraduate coordinator if there is a question about a particular course or your track in this minor. Click on this link to view the requirements of this minor. Please note that course offerings are subject to change. Some courses for the minor may be limited to students within the department or major that offers them or may have mandatory prerequisites. If these constraints prevent you from enrolling in a course, please contact the instructor of that course to discuss options for your enrollment.
Please remember that you may only have 2 courses in the minor at the 2000-level, and one of those must be WST 2322, Introduction to Health Disparities.
Other courses may be considered for Health Disparities in Society credit via petition.
Tier I: Health or Social Science of Minority/Cultural Groups in the U.S.
- ANT 4462 Culture and Medicine (Summer B)
- HSC 4930 Fundamentals of Health Literacy (Summer B)
- SYA4940 Mental Health and Illness (Summer A)
- SYD 3700 Minorities in American Society (Summer B)
Tier II: Social Inequality and Related Theory
- ANT 3451 Race and Racism (Summer A, Summer B)
Tier III: International or Global Studies
- AFA 3110 African American & Black Atlantic Thought (Summer C)
- ANT3478 Global Health Culture (Summer A)
- ANT 3930 / REL 3098 Religion, Medicine, & Healing (Summer A)
- LAH3300 Contemporary Latin America (Summer B)
- POR3502 Brazilian Culture (Summer B)
- SPN3930 Topics in Spanish American Culture / Civilization (Summer A)
- FRW3930 Representations- Paris (Summer B)
- ITT3930 Italian Cinema and Culture (Summer B)
- JPT3500 Japanese Culture (Summer B)