Health Disparities in Society Courses, Fall 2017
Other courses may be considered for Health Disparities in Society credit via petition.
NOTE: Please consult with Women’s Studies undergraduate coordinator if there is a question about a particular course or your track in this minor. Click on this link to view the requirements of this minor. Please note that course offerings are subject to change. Some courses for the minor may be limited to students within the department or major that offers them or may have mandatory prerequisites. If these constraints prevent you from enrolling in a course, please contact the instructor of that course to discuss options for your enrollment.
Remember, only two 2000-level courses may be counted toward this minor. All students in the minor must take WST 2322, Intro to Health Disparities. That means only one elective course may be taken at the 2000-level and the rest must be at the 3000-level or above.
Tier I: Health or Social Science of Minority/Cultural Groups in the U.S.
- AFA 3930 Black Masculinity
- PCO 4930 LGBT Psychology
|Note: Students outside of the College of Public Health cannot register directly for Public Health classes. Instead, you must email PHHP Academic Advisor Ms. Dominic Walker and ask to be enrolled. State that you are a Health Disparities minor, and give your UF ID number and the name and course number for which you wish to be enrolled. Enrollment is strictly on a space available basis.
- SYD 3700 Minorities in American Society
|Note: There are two sections of SYO 4400– one is department controlled, because it is reserved for post-baccalaureate students and not available to regular undergraduates. The other, section 22G2, is available for registration. The Sociology undergraduate coordinator has indicated that the class is very popular and fills up quickly. If there are no spots available in section 22G2, continue to monitor it online to see if a spot opens up. There is no other way to get a seat. Good luck!
- WST 3323 Gender, Bodies, and Health
Tier II: Social Inequality and Related Theory
- AFA 3930/POS 3606 American Civil Liberties
- AFA 3930 Black Power Movement
- AFA 4430 Black Lives Matter
- AMH 3931 Diversity in US History
- ANT 3451 Race and Racism
- LAS 4935 (section 25FD) The Black Radical Tradition in the Americas
- SYA 4930 Race, Inequality, and Health
- SYO 4530 Social Inequality
- WST 3603 Sexualities Studies
Tier III: International or Global Studies
- ABT 3500 Arabic Culture
- AFA 2000 Introduction to African American Studies
- AFA 3110 Key Issues in African American and Black Atlantic
- AFS 4935/REL 3371 Islam in Africa
- AFS 4935 Antropology of Modern Africa
- ANT 3478 Global Health Culture
- ANT 3930 Religion and Healing
- ANT 3930 Gender, Religion, and Human Rights
- CHT 3500 Chinese Culture
- GEO 2500 Global and Regional Economies
- GEO 2410 Social Geography
- HAI 3564 Haitian Culture and Society
- HIS 3942 African Health and Medicine
|Note: Students outside of the College of Health and Human Performance cannot register directly for HSC classes. Instead, you must email HHP Academic Advisor Ms. Brittany Schambow and ask to be enrolled. State that you are enrolled in the HDS minor and tell her your UF ID number and the course number for which you wish to be enrolled
- LAH 3931 Gender and Sexuality
- LAS 4935 People of Brazil
- JST 3930 Introduction to Women in Jewish Studies
- JST 3930 Hebrew Culture
- JPT 3500 Japanese Culture
- RUT 3504 Russia Today
- SPN 3510 Culture and Civilization of Spain\
- SYA 4930 Israeli Society
- WOH 4204 Modern Masculinities